Friday, February 20, 2009

Dirty little secret

Lately I've felt really positive about doing statistical analyses.  Not just on my own data, though that is a lot more fun than class work, but I'm enjoying the class work too.  Lecture is interesting, and I like discussing various methods for analysis with classmates and my professor.  I'm not sure what king of turning point this is, but it  must be significant when something you once loathed and avoided becomes enjoyable.  I'm curious if something in me has changed, or if I've finally progressed far enough in the science for it to be more interesting.  I'm hoping it's the latter, because I'm not sure I'd embrace a personal change that resulted in finding joy in statistics.  I mean it's good to find happiness anywhere you can in life, but stats?  There is something a little unnatural about it.

No comments: