Monday, March 3, 2008

Under Pressure

Oh, how quickly the end of term is upon us.  All those promises you made to yourself about not putting your term papers and class projects off to the last minute haunt you with irony.  As graduate students weren't we supposed to put procrastination behind us?  But rather than part of the minority, I find myself in good company; overworked, over-stressed, short-tempered, and sleep-deprived company.  And yes, I should be writing a term paper right now, and instead I'm typing this blog.  At times like this I find myself thinking about this fantastic line from Slings and Arrows:  

"My reason may very well be hanging by a thread. Well, my friends, it is my belief that the best stuff happens just before the thread snaps."

Lovely.  Well, lets hope it's true because the thread is wearing thin.

No comments: